DOUBLE FUDGE COOKIES
- 1 stick unsalted butter plus 2 tbsp
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli Milk chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 380 and lay parchment paper over a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a mixer, start to beat the butter until one ball forms. Add in the sugars and continue beating until mixed together. Add in egg.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and cocoa powder and add this mixture little by little to the dough until it comes together
- fold in chocolate chips
- create balls (feel free to make them bigger because they will stay raised) and place them on the baking sheet. For the Levain look, don’t make perfect balls.
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes for soft center. Allow to cool and serve!