Lemon and Brown Butter Ziti with Crispy Bacon and Peas
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8oz uncut ziti noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup sweet green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped center cut bacon
- cook pasta according to box directions. If you use the same ziti product I used (featured on my IG story), cook pasta for ~15 minutes
- while pasta is boiling, cook bacon until crispy and set aside
- brown butter in its own pan. Browning butter is simple, you just need to keep an eye on it. Keep the pan at medium heat and add the unsalted butter. Allow to melt and turn to a tan color. Once tan, remove from heat as it will continue to cook. (it should almost smell like roasted nuts)
- Once the butter is set aside, heat olive oil in a separate pan. Add garlic and allow to simmer. Add in cooked bacon and peas, salt, and pepper.
- Once coated, add garlic mixture to the browned butter and whisk to mix. Add in lemon juice and mix.
- Once sauce is combined. Pour it over the pasta and coat.
- Add parmesan cheese to taste and serve