Pancake Cereal Recipe
As this trend takes the internet by storm, I thought it was time to post the recipe for these cute lil things. Although the actual recipe is pretty straightforward, its all in the execution! See below 🙂
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- optional: mini chocolate chips/mini M&Ms
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs into the milk, and then stir in the melted butter. Pour the wet mixture into the dry, and whisk together until batter forms.
- Add the batter to a piping bag, squeeze bottle, or a zip lock bag (and cut a bit of the corner)
- In a large skillet, melt 1-2 tsp butter on medium heat. Begin to pipe small circles (about a quarter in size or smaller) onto the skillet. Make sure they’re at least a half inch apart.
- Once bubbles begin to form on the top of each pancake, flip them all together. They may stick together, that’s okay. You can easy pull them apart and because they are small, they will be cooked through.
- Once you have made a good amount of mini pancakes, add them all back to the skillet with 1 tbsp of butter. This will allow them all to crisp up together.
- Add to bowl and serve with maple syrup!