What to Eat at your Game Of Thrones Watch Party
As many of you GOT fanatics have requested, I have compiled a list of the most interesting, fun, and delicious dish ideas for the Game of Thrones premiere this Sunday. Happy eating!
Theon’s Favorite Toy
Its not a party without pigs in a blanket! Below is an easy recipe for this delicious treat (sorry, Theon).
2 tubes of crescent roll dough (Pilsbury)
1 package of hot dogs, sliced in half
2tbsp brown sugar
1tbsp dijon mustard
1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1tbsp poppy seeds
1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375
- Unroll both cans of crescent rolls and separate into triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 2 narrow triangles. Place hot dog onto wide portion of each triangle and roll up.
- In a separate sauce pan, mix together butter, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds and bring to a boil. Brush each rolled hot dog with the sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until golden brown
While this is also something you can easily pick up at your local supermarket (lets be real, you can’t beat Publix chicken tenders), I recommend trying to make them at home. If you spend half as much time on them as Little Finger spends on deceiving people, they’ll come out great.
- 3-4 large bonesless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of flour
- 1tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 eggs
- vegetable oil for frying
- whisk together your eggs and milk in one bowl, while mixing your dry ingredients in another bowl
- beat the chicken with a mallet until tender (don’t over-beat), and cut into strips
- heat vegetable oil
- coat chicken in the eggs, followed by the dry ingredients. Make sure the chicken is evenly coated with both egg and dry ingredients.
- place chicken strips into hot oil and fry for about 5-7 minutes or until golden brown
1 large white onion
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
3/4 cup milk
vegetable oil for frying
- Cut onions about 1/4 inch thick. Only use the medium-large sized rings. Separate each carefully
Combine the flour, baking powder, cayenne, salt and paprika in a medium bowl
- Coat the onion rings in the mixed dry ingredients and set aside
- Combine the remaining flour mixture with the milk and eggs (make sure there are no lumps)
- Coat each onion ring with the mixture followed by the bread crumbs
- Fry onion rings in the heated pot of vegetable oil until golden brown
Well, no one wants to eat pigeon if they don’t have too….so lets substitute chicken shall we?
1 can Grands biscuits
1 package frozen mixed veggies
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- preheat oven of 375
- In a medium bowl, mix together vegetables, chicken and soup
- press each biscuit dough into and on the sides of each large muffin tin. Place a spoonful of mixture into the center, and cover with a thin layer of dough
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown
Brienne of Tart
It only makes sense that Brienne the Beauty has a dessert this pretty. If you don’t have enough time to make the crust, your local supermarket will have pre-made tart crusts. See the recipe, here.
Sansa’s Lemon Cakes
Poor Sansa has been through a lot since the first season; and there was nothing sweeter than watching both of her captors die miserable, horrible deaths…except maybe these delicious lemon cakes. Try her favorite sweet treats with the recipe found here!
Easier Dishes to Make
Sansasla with Chips: can’t go wrong with a little chips and dip!
Hodoritos: who knew a bowl of Doritos could come with such a great pun
GOT Milk? and cookies: cookies and milk are always a winner
Deviled Dragon Eggs: you’ll probably have more than 3 of these. recipe: here.