Au Cheval CopyCat Burger
If you’ve ever been to Chicago, you know the must-try burger is at Au Cheval. It might be a 3 hour wait minimum at all times, but there’s a wait for a reason! I won’t be making it to Chicago any time soon, so I decided to re-create the dish at home. See below for the recipe!
Serving Size: 2 burgers
- 6 ground beef patties (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 brioche buns, toasted
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, cut in half
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices American cheese
- 8 pickle chips
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chives
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Dijonaise:
- Mix together your mayo and dijon mustard. Set aside
For the Burger:
- Fry your egg in a sauce pan and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pepper your bacon and cook in a separate saucepan. Set aside.
- Season 3 burger patties with salt and pepper and place them on the grill (or in a sauce pan) until cooked to your liking. Flip the patties and top with a slice of American cheese on each. Remove from heat and set all 3 on top of each other and allow to melt together.
- Assembly: On your bottom brioche bun, place your 3 burger patties and top with the 2 bacon halves. On the top bun, spread your dijonaise, add your chopped red onion, pickles, fried egg, and diced chives. Now put it together!