Taco Bell's Cheesy Gordita Crunch Recipe
…but make it Extra Large
Because I just LOVE Taco Bell, I figured I would re-create yet another dish from the famous fast food chain. Although the CrunchWrap Supreme is my number one, the Cheesy Gordita Crunch is a very close second. Instead of making a regular sized one, I figured I’d use a burrito shell instead. Why not, right? See the recipe below!
For the Taco Bell Spicy Ranch Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 of the ranch salad seasoning packet (like Hidden Valley)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp hot sauce
For the Gordita:
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 9 hard shell tacos (halves)
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ~4 and 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (roughly 1 and 1/2 cups per Cheesy Gordita)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Make your spicy ranch sauce by mixing the ingredients listed above. Set in fridge to chill.
- In a medium saucepan, cook your beef and add taco seasoning. Set aside once done.
- In another large saucepan, melt 1/2 tbsp butter. Place your large flour tortilla in the middle of the pan and evenly distribute 1 and 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese on top of the tortilla. Allow it to melt before adding your hard shell tortillas.
- Place 6 halves of hard shell tortillas evenly on top of the melted cheese.
- On one side of the large tortilla, place 1/3 of your ground beef, topped with 2 tbsp of your spicy ranch sauce, a handful of shredded lettuce, and 1 tsp of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Fold the other side of your large tortilla on top (so it becomes a large taco)
- Serve! I cut mine in thirds but you are totally welcome to eat it whole hahah