Crispy Chicken Caesar Sandwich
This take on the traditional Caesar salad is tasty and the perfect weekend meal! It uses the traditional Caesar salad dressing (this recipe is without egg), Garlic Butter “crouton” bread, crispy chicken, and parmesan crisps for crunch! You’ll absolutely love it!
For Caesar Dressing:
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (~1 lemon)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Breaded Chicken:
- 2 chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cup Italian Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
For the Sandwich:
- 4 slices of brioche bread
- Iceberg lettuce (4)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, to make the crisps
- Garlic Butter for bread:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
To make the caesar dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add the mayonnaise, freshly grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Set in fridge while you make the sandwich.
To make the parmesan crisps:
- In a frying pan on medium-high heat, place a thin circle of parmesan cheese in the middle and allow to melt/brown. Keep a close eye on it until the under layer is browned. Remove from heat/allow to cool. It should harden into a crisp!
To make the crispy chicken cutlets:
- In a small bowl add your flour and cayenne pepper and whisk until combined.
- In another small bowl whisk eggs
- In the final bowl add Panko, paprika, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Dredge chicken cutlets in flour, shake excess off and dip into egg. Finally dip into Panko crumbs and coat gently.
- Heat a large skillet on medium and add vegetable oil. Add chicken cutlets and cook 3-4 minutes then flip and cook another 4 minutes.
- Set aside.
To make the garlic butter bread:
- To make the butter, in a small bowl combine your softened butter and minced garlic. Then add your garlic salt, Italian seasoning, pepper and paprika. Mix until smooth.
- Apply to both sides of your brioche bread and grill on a flat top until golden brown.
To build your sandwich:
- Add a spoonful of your caesar dressing to your bottom brioche slice, add 2 iceberg lettuce, your chicken cutlet, parmesan crisp, a dollop of your caesar dressing and then your top brioche slice!