Chicken Parm Pizza Recipe
In honor of the Quality Italian Chicken Parm Pizza
The famous Quality Italian Chicken Parm Pizza has been a staple “Instagram Food” since the very beginning. Not only is it beautiful, but it tastes just as good as it sounds. Luckily, I’ve found a way to make it at home! It takes a bit of time, but it’s definitely worth the wait. See the recipe below!
- 1 and 3/4lb ground chicken
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Italian herb
- 1 and 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 and 1/4 garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- In a medium bowl, mix your ground chicken with Italian herb, 3/4 tsp onion powder, 3/4 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp salt
- on a tray lined with parchment paper, mold your ground chicken into one large (pizza-shaped) circle. Freeze for 4 hours.
- preheat the oven to 400
- Make the breading: in one bowl, mix the 3 eggs. On another wide plate, place your flour. On a separate plate, mix together your panko crumbs, Italian bread crumbs, 2 tbsp pecorino, 2 tbsp parmesan, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- Coat the chicken in flour, followed by the egg and the bread crumbs until thoroughly covered.
- In a large skillet, heat your oil. Once heated, place your chicken pizza in the center and fry each side for roughly 4-5 minutes (or until golden brown)
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Top with marinara sauce and then the mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese, 2 tbsp parmesan and 2 tbsp pecorino. Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes. Top with basil and serve!