Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich
When I asked you all what dish you wanted re-created at home, the Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich was almost unanimous. Im not surprised, it’s actually that good. I don’t have a Chick-Fil-A near me, so I actually havent had this sandwich since college. Which is why making it at home was absolutely the right decision. See below for the recipe! It takes some time, but it is oh so worth it 🙂
For the Chick-Fil-A Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tsps yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoon bbq sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
For the Chicken Breading (dry ingredients):
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (If you’d like your chicken spicy)
For the breading (wet ingredients):
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 chicken breast (halved)
- 1/2 cup pickle juice (for marinating)
- 1/4 cup water (for marinating)
- oil (for frying)
- 4 hamburger buns (I prefer Martins potato rolls)
- 8 Pickle slices
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cut chicken breasts in half and marinate in water and pickle juice for 30-40 minutes. Meanwhile, make your Chick-Fil-A sauce
- Mix together all ingredients listed above for the sauce until uniform. Set in fridge until ready to use.
- Make the breading for your chicken. Mix together your dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, whisk together your egg and milk. Add you oil to your frying pan.
- Once the chicken is done marinating, coat each strip in your milk/egg mixture, and then in your breading (dry ingredients). Do this twice for a double coat. Place each chicken piece in pan and fry each side for ~4 minutes.
- Remove and dry on a paper towel. Meanwhile, toast your buns and spread the Chick-Fil-A sauce on both sides of the bun. Place pickles, lettuce, and tomato followed by your crispy chicken on top!
I had two pieces of crispy chicken left, so I figured hey, lets do something creative with it. Naturally, I thought of a pizza loll. This is DEFINITELY the move if you have leftovers. It takes no time at all, and it’s sooo delicious. Especially for a late-night snack! See steps below.
The only 2 extra ingredients you will need are: shredded cheddar cheese and Pilsbury Pizza Dough
- form the pizza dough into a round pizza shape and bake according to instructions
- spread the Chick-Fil-A Sauce evenly on top of the cooked dough and top with chopped crispy chicken, shredded cheddar cheese, and waffle fries to you liking.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve!