Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
For the filling:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 bag shredded lettuce
- 1 package of large flour tortillas
- 1 package tostadas (or 1 bag of Doritos)
- 1 packet of store-bought taco seasoning (or you can make your own)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup nacho cheese (see homemade recipe below)
For the nacho cheese sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Nacho Cheese Sauce:
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat and mix in the flour until uniform
- add in milk and stir until a thick sauce begins to form. Add in the shredded cheese and salt and stir until your cheese sauce forms.
For the Filling:
- In a large saucepan, sauté diced onion until it becomes translucent. Add in ground beef and cook. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Once cooked, add your taco seasoning.
- Take one large tortilla and use a bowl (flipped over in the center) to cut out a smaller, circular tortilla shell. You can also buy smaller soft tortilla shells at the supermarket and use those.
- Take another large tortilla shell and place two heavy spoonfuls of ground beef in the center. Top with 2 spoonfuls of your nacho cheese. Then add your tostada (if you would prefer, you can use Doritos!) on top. Spread 1 spoonful of sour cream evenly onto the tostada. Top with some shredded lettuce, tomato, and then a handful of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- On top of the fillings, place your smaller, cut-out soft shell tortilla and begin to fold your large tortilla into the center to create the wrap.
- Once done, flip it over and place face-down into the center of a heated (and buttered) saucepan so it can crisp up.
- Slice in half and serve!