The Leaky Cauldron's Butterbeer and Fish n' Chips
As a huge Harry Potter fan (I’ve literally seen the movies 12 times through and read all of the books) I figured it was time to make some of the famous recipes you find throughout the series. Although a lot of you have tried Butterbeer at Universal Studios, how many of you have tried to make it at home? It’s actually an easy recipe and pretty fun to make. In addition to Butterbeer, fish n’ chips is also another popular recipe in the series. I hear it also pairs nicely with a Butterbeer 😉 See below for both recipes!
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans cream soda
- In a medium saucepan, combine the dark brown sugar and water and allow to boil on medium heat, stirring often. Allow the mixture to fully come together.
- Add in the butter, 1/4 cup heavy cream, salt, vinegar and mix until it comes together. Set aside and allow to cool
- In a mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup whipping cream and 2 and 1/2 tbsp of your brown sugar mixture. Whisk until the mixture becomes thick.
- In a mason jar, add 4 tbsp of your brown sugar mixture and top it off with cream soda. Fill the soda close to the top of the jar. Mix together. Add 2 tbsp of your whipped mixture and there you go!
Fish n' Chips
- 2 fresh cat fish filets, cut into 6 pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp onion power
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of paprika
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large saucepan, heat your vegetable oil. In the meantime, bread your fish
- On a separate plate, add your flour. In a separate bowl, add your eggs (beaten). On another plate, mix your bread crumbs, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder.
- Season your fish with salt and pepper. Then coat each piece in flour, then egg, then your bread crumbs.
- Once the fish pieces are breaded, fry them in the oil, flipping everyone 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with peas, tartar sauce, and chips!