Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit Recipe
…but make it spicy
If you’ve ever been to Whataburger, you know that their Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit is literally what dreams are made of. If you’ve never heard of it, it’s basically a warm biscuit sandwich filled with crispy chicken lathered in warm honey butter. Did your mouth water too?
In college, I used to eat them all the time (whether it was before class in the morning, or super late after a night out). Regardless, I was a HUGE fan. Unfortunately, they don’t have any Whataburger’s in Miami, so I decided to re-create the dish at home! However, I decided to make it a little spicy. See the recipe below!
- one can Honey Butter Pillsbury Biscuits
For the Chicken:
- 4 skin on, bone in, chicken thighs
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
For the Honey Butter
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake biscuits according to directions on can
- Carefully cut the bone out of your 4 chicken thighs and wash thoroughly
- Heat your oil in a large skillet while you bread the chicken
- In one bowl, mix together your buttermilk, lemon juice, and salt. In another bowl mix together your flour, paprika, pepper, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder
- Dunk each thigh into the buttermilk mixture, and then in your flour mixture. Make sure each thigh is coated properly
- Fry your chicken 2 thighs at a time, turning every 5-6 minutes (or until crispy on both sides)
- allow them to cool on a separate plate while you make the honey butter.
- In a bowl, mix together your butter, salt and honey until well combined.
- Build your biscuit!