White Truffle Mac n' Cheese Recipe!
Theres nothing better than a bowl of Mac n’ Cheese. You really can’t go wrong! Luckily, I had a very special delivery from Gotham Seafood and knew I had to make something delicious with their fresh lobster. So I figured, why not a Lobster Mac n’ Cheese?! I also just bought some white truffle oil, so a little of that doesn’t hurt either. See below for the recipe!
- 1/2 lb medium shells pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 tsp white truffle oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked lobster meat
- 1/2 cup Ritz bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil salted water in a medium pot. Add the pasta and cook according to the directions on the package, 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, coat your lobster meat in 3 tbsp unsalted butter and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tbsp of unsalted butter on low to medium heat. Add your flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Gradually add your milk while whisking. Allow the mixture to thicken, about 2-3 minutes. Add your gruyere, cheddar, and mozzarella to the mixture (keep your heat low) and continue to stir until smooth. Finally, add your salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Stir until smooth and uniform. Remove from heat.
- Add in your cooked shells and buttered lobster. Mix until completely coated. Add in your white truffle oil and mix.
- Put your Mac n’ Cheese in a baking pan.
- Melt 1 tbsp unsalted butter and mix with the bread crumbs. Top your Mac n’ Cheese evenly with the bread crumbs and place in oven for 30 minutes or until the top has browned. Serve!