Momofuku Birthday Cake Truffles Recipe
If you live in NYC (or even if you don’t), you’ve definitely heard of the famous birthday cake truffles from Momofuku. If you havent had the pleasure of trying these little balls of heaven, well heres your chance. This recipe is actually pretty simple and fun to make at home!
- Birthday Cake mix (and ingredients according to box)
- 1 bag white chocolate, melted (I used Ghiradelli)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Birthday Cake Coating:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Bake the cake according to box instructions.
- While it is baking, make your vanilla milk by combining your 1/3 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Once the cake is baked and cooled, break up the cake into crumbs and combine with the vanilla milk in a separate bowl. Mix together until a moist dough forms. You can add more milk if necessary
- Roll the dough into small cake truffle balls and store in fridge for an hour
Birthday Cake Truffle Coating:
- Preheat oven to 300
- Combine the sugars, flour, baking powder, salt, and sprinkles in the bowl and mix until well combined
- Add in the oil and vanilla and mix again to distribute.
- Bake coating (should look like sandy clusters) for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool completely and break down larger clusters if necessary so they can stick to the white chocolate coating
Coating the balls:
- Once the truffles have been in the fridge for an hour, melt your white chocolate in a separate bowl and begin to coat each truffle with white chocolate. Immediately place each ball in the birthday cake coating after the white chocolate. Place the truffles in the fridge for 5-10 minutes after making so they can set!