Orange Chicken in a Pineapple!
Theres nothing more comforting than great Chinese food. And one of my all-time favorites is Orange Chicken! I decided to get a little creative and put it in a pineapple (can you tell I have a lot of free time right now haha), but eating the chicken by itself is just as good! See my recipe for it below 🙂
For the Chicken
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup corn starch
- Oil for frying
Orange Chicken Sauce:
- 1 cup orange juice, no pulp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari (you can use soy sauce too)
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- orange zest and green onion for garnish
For the Chicken:
- Heat your oil (should be 2-3 inches) in a large, deep sauce pan. Meanwhile, bread your chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together your flour and corn starch. In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs. Dredge your bite-sized chicken pieces in your egg and then your flour mixture.
- Cook your chicken pieces in the oil. About 4-5 minutes each side until golden brown. Place your chicken pieces on a paper towel and set aside while you make your sauce.
For the Orange Chicken Sauce:
- In a medium sauce pan, add your orange juice, vinegar, sugar, tamari, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir for about 6 minutes until hot.
- Add your water and corn starch mixture to your orange sauce, this will thicken your sauce. Mix for another 5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and add your chicken pieces, coating all of them. There will be extra sauce, you can save some to add later!