Pasta Chips Recipe
Pasta, in all of its forms, is definitely one of the best foods in the world. Whether its boiled, baked, or fried, you really can’t go wrong. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who spent their childhood snacking on raw pasta. So I figured, why not make pasta chips?! So I made our favorite bite-sized pastas into little snacks (perfect for happy hour, no?). Find the recipe below!
- Oil, for frying
- 1 box Cheese filled ravioli ( I liked the minis because they were more bite sized :))
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 and 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 jar Mariana sauce, for dipping
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, fill about 2-3 inches with oil and heat
- Meanwhile, place your bread crumbs and buttermilk in separate bowls. Dip each ravioli into the buttermilk, and then coat in bread crumbs
- Once the oil is hot, fry you raviolis in batches. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle finished ravioli with parmesan and serve with marinara sauce!
Bowtie Pasta Chips
- 1/2 lb bowtie pasta
- oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jar of Mariana sauce, for dipping
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat about 2-3 inches of oil.
- Meanwhile, boil your bowtie pasta according to box directions until al dente (don’t let them cook too much). Drain.
- Once the oil is hot, fry your pasta in batches until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes each side. Set finished pasta on a paper towel to dry. Keep an eye on them so they don’t over-fry!
- Sprinkle pasta chips with parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Serve with Mariana sauce!