Peanut Butter and Crofters Strawberry Jelly Chocolate Cups
We all grew up on PG&J sandwiches and know just how good such a simple dish can be. We also grew up on Reeses cups which taught us that peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven. So why not combine our two favorite childhood foods in an easy, and delicious, recipe! Not only is this the easiest dessert to make, it is also gluten free! That makes it semi-healthy right?! In this recipe I used Crofters Strawberry jam; a new addition to the Publix shelves! It is sweetened with cane sugar making it natural and delicious all at the same time. Anyways, lets get to the good stuff shall we?
- 2 bags chocolate morsels (I used dark chocolate but you can use milk or semi-sweet as well)
- 1 jar Crofters Strawberry Jelly
- 1 jar Peanut Butter
- cupcake tins
- cupcake baking sheet
- line cupcake sheet with cupcake tins
- melt 1 bag of chocolate morsels in microwave for 45 seconds and stir. Chocolate should fully melt with continuous stirring. Do not over heat which could cause the chocolate to seize.
- Once melted, pour 1 tbsp of chocolate into the bottom of each cupcake tin. Place in freezer until hardened
- Melt the peanut butter (you’ll need less than half of the jar). Take the tin out of the freeze and pour about 1/2 tbsp on top of the hardened chocolate layer
- Once added, place 1/2 tbsp of Crofters Strawberry Jam on top of the peanut butter
- Melt the second bag of chocolate and pour another 1 tbsp of chocolate on top of each cup. Make sure it is fully covered. Place in freezer until hardened