Creamy Pumpkin Mac n' Cheese
- 1/2lb pasta of choice (I used pipe rigate)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, salt, cracked black pepper, and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add the butter and allow to melt. Once melted, add the flour and whisk until thoroughly combined and a roux is formed.
- Slowly whisk in the whole milk and continue stirring until the sauce thickens. Add your pumpkin puree and spices and stir until combined.
- Add your cheddar cheese and mix until combined.
- Add your cooked macaroni and coat in your sauce.