WE ATTEMPTED THE LEVAIN COOKIE AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED
We all know the ever-so-popular Levin Cookie that has stolen New Yorkers hearts, but what about the rest of us? For those that can’t make it to NYC any time soon, theres gotta be another way to satisfy that chocolatey craving. Well, here it is. This is our attempt at re-creating it. While i’ll be the first to admit that they’re not as good as Levain, they’re pretty damn good. So here ya go, give it a try!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), cut into cubes
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli Milk chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 375 and lay parchment paper over a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a mixer, start to beat the butter until one ball forms. Add in the sugars and continue beating until mixed together. Add in egg and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder and add this mixture little by little to the dough until it comes together
- fold in chocolate chips
- create balls (feel free to make them bigger because they will stay raised) and place them on the baking sheet. For the Levain look, don’t make perfect balls and refrigerate for 25-30 minutes.
- Place in oven for 8-10 minutes for soft center. Allow to cool and serve!
Very nice website
Super great recipe I’m trying to find a hobby and baking seems like a good one thank you so much for sharing your ideas with the world!
Hi! I would love to make these, did you use semi-sweet chips?
Hi! I am looking to bake this and was wondering if you used semi-sweet chocolate chips?
Ghriradeli Milk chocolate baking chips!
Thank you! sorry, totally didn’t read that part!
Hi, I’m going to try this recipe! Any differences you would suggest for higher elevation? Thanks so much!
For bigger (puffier) cookies ??
Yeah, I make cookies all the one and they never puff like those. 🙁
Make sure you’re adding the proper amount of baking powder and soda!
I followed the recipie…I used my KitchenAId stand Mixer instead of mixing by hand…does that matter? My cookies spread out and were HUGE but they were totally flat. Not puffy at all. Is there something I should do differently? Thanks!
Put your doughon the fridge. Scoop. Then bake in the oven. When they are cold they wont melt/be as flat.
Is there anyway you could post the recipe in grams for me please? Have tried converting it, but somehow it just hasn’t happened! Thanks in advance 🙂
About how many cookies does this recipe make?
I can’t wait to make these tomorrow. Thank you!